Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 12 of 30 days of biking: Riding with Lucia and dodging the storm


My good friend Lucia is back in town so we had a chance to ride together today.  It started out as a beautiful spring day with sunshine and calm winds.

Lucia is a great cyclist with amazing form on hills.  We first rode together in the 1980's on my first Seattle to Vancouver, B.C. in the days when you got to take the ferry back from Victoria on the final day.  (Now the the ride is called RSVP and you take the  bus back.)

It was great to catch up and see the beautiful Spring sights.
Lake Washington today at the beginning of our ride.


As we made the turn for home, the wind picked up.  When I finally looked back after riding about 20 minutes, this is what the sky looked like:
This is NOT a B&W photo.

I guess that's why they say about Washington, "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes!"  I beat the rain home even with a stop at Pratt Fine Arts Center to pick up their new catalog.  Metal working anyone?  Welding?

Finally, I ran into Dr. Laura Kastner as I made the final turn for home.  I got to hear all about her exciting new project which I can't tell you about as it's not sold yet.  Don't worry--it will as soon as it's on the market!  Stayed tuned.

Let's Roll!
Donna
Seattle, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment