Saturday, April 28, 2012

30 Days of Biking: My Favorite Seattle Ride and more on Multimodal transit

Well, here we are on day 28 and I'm happy to say that I haven't missed a day of riding yet!  The blog?  Well, it's been a few days.

Cool bike signage.  We headed across I-90 and picked up the South part of the Lake Washington Loop.
Yesterday I had a lovely ride around the south end of Lake Washington with Sarah.  It's one of my favorites.  I love the views, the lightly trafficked roads on the East side of the lake, the gentle hills, and that you only have to cross the I-90 bridge once.  After you reach Seward Park, it's basically flat until the final climb from lake level to the top of Capitol hill.  But even then, it's the best route up the hill and perfect for running errands on the way home.  

The Lovely in Pink Sarah.
I picked up my daughter after the ride so didn't do the final climb.  My new computer tells me that the mileage was just over 30.

The bike is still in the car awaiting today's delicate transit dance.  Here's the plan:  My husband, daughter and I will all drive to Seattle Center.  Jonathan and Irene only have to stay about an hour, so they will unload my bike, and drive the car home.  After I finish stage managing for day one of the Irish dance competition, I'll ride home.  Now, we could have used the bus to achieve the same result, but Irene talked us into this plan as she has a lot of homework and competes all day tomorrow.

Oh, and anyone who wants to ride the South end of the lake--just let me know!  What's your favorite Seattle Ride??

Stay tuned for my next entry:  care and feeding of your bike mechanic.


No comments:

Post a Comment